Saturday Stella and I spent a fun day at Irvine Park with our friends Michelle, Jameson and Molly. There is a lot for kids to do at this large and beautiful park. Once we got there Molly (who is obsessed with all things horse) thoroughly enjoyed a pony ride. Next we strolled through the park past a cute duck pond ending up at the OC Zoo. It’s a very nice little zoo, with lots of different animals than the ones we’ve visited at the Santa Ana Zoo. Another plus, the entrance was only $2 and children under two are free, so this was a bargain for Stella and Me. We saw owls, eagles, beavers, turkeys, a coyote, a black bear, lots of snakes and a petting zoo full of goats. Unfortunately my camera battery died at the end of the zoo, so the rest of the pictures are with my iPhone.
Afterward we ate a picnic lunch we brought with. There are a few snack bars too and prices seemed reasonable-ish. Next the kids wanted to check out the paddle boats, which look like lots of fun. There are also group bikes to rent too. We then let the kids play on a small playground (I spied a few giant playground structures on the other side of the park near the lake as we exited as well) For the grand finale, we rode the train, which was a tad pricey at $5 per person (under one are free). That said, Stella absolutely loved it and asked to “go again”. I told her we will definitely come back, it seems there is tons left to explore at this awesome park!
1. Pretending to care about comic books so she can hang with the big kids.
2. Outdoor chalk art and a wide-brimmed sun hat.
3. Coloring playdates and practicing something awful called “SHARING” with her buddy Grace.
4. Sneaking in a beer because the kiddo fell asleep on our walk to the park. Yes, we took her when she woke up
5. Sneaking in a yummy lunch date at The Himalayan Grill while Stella napped. Sneaking is the best!
6. Stellaland, where the Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger and Disney Characters/Princesses all live together in peace.
7. Except for Rapunzel, Prince Charming and Snow White who must have done something pretty bad to deserve banishment.
8. John tucking Stella in on the video cam.
9. A coffee break with my sweet girl (milk for her).
10. Bath time sponsored by Tsingtao, when bed time is so close but so far.
We hosted a small but not exactly mellow Easter with my Sister’s family on Sunday. We’ll just say some Daniel Tiger Figurines that the Easter Bunny brought Stella were the source of a lot of drama. It’s sad because anyone who watches Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood should know that those five
stand for sing non-stop about good behavior, taking turns and sharing. We had an Easter Egg Hunt that was pretty cute and not the cause of any brawls. Does anything make sense in toddler world? John made an awesome dinner of fried chicken and waffles served with Quiche, Roasted Potatoes and Fruit Salad. My sister made a really cute Easter Egg Cake for dessert. The girls all settled down to eat dinner and us four adults had a nice time at the big kids table. I also included some cute pictures I took of Stella with her bunny and some selfies we did before everyone came. All in all a wonderful Easter. We are very lucky!